What Richard M. Nixon said resonates within. “ We still think of air as free. But clean air is not free, and neither is clean water. The price tag on pollution control is high. Through our years of past carelessness, we incurred a debt to nature, and now that debt is being called”. We are indeed paying our debt to nature as 9% of deaths globally are attributed to air pollution. It is frightening to note that air pollution is one of the world’s biggest health and environmental challenges.
To avoid being affected negatively by bad air in your home, you can subscribe to our Air filtration device leasing services.
Why do you need cleaner air in your home?
About 3 million people die yearly from the inhalation of poor air quality. You need cleaner air in your home to avoid premature death. Other reasons you need cleaner air in your home includes:
- To avoid being plagued with diseases such as Ischemic heart disease, chronic obstructive pulmonary disease, lung cancer and a host of other diseases associated with one’s exposure to household air pollution.
- Having your children breathe in cleaner air at home makes you avoid spending huge amounts on childcare cost amassed due to airborne related complications.
- Cleaner air improves you and your children’s lifestyle and increased participation in activities.
- Cleaner air benefits your respiratory and cardiovascular systems.
- Exposure to inferior quality of air can lead to depression.
Dangers of breathing bad air
Do you know that air at home can be 2-5 times more contaminated than outdoor air? Bad air serves as a threat to improved family health. It makes the lungs quickly get worn out and the development of diseases such as asthma, emphysema, bronchitis, and so on is soon noticed. An irritation in one’s respiratory system can take place with resultant effects such as cough, sore throat, or chest pain. When one breathes polluted air constantly, it leads to dizziness, headaches, confusion and can perhaps trigger depression.
Tips for cleaner air
- Keep your house well ventilated, including your kitchen.
- Do not permit smoking inside your house. Let anyone interested in smoking do it outside. Most cigarettes are harmful and merely inhaling the smoke is toxic to the body.
- All appliances in your home that emits heat should be positioned in a way that the heat emitted vents directly outside the house.
- Do not use charcoal grills indoor.
- Do a periodic checkup on your roof and basement to catch leaks that can lead to high humidity.
- It is advisable you use hard surface flooring such as tiles or wood that can be easily cleaned than using carpets- they store unhealthy particles including chemicals and dirt.
- Although spraying pesticides are good pest control methods, avoid inhaling them. They are made up of harmful chemicals which pollute the air.
- Use Air filtration device leasing services for cleaner air at home.
Importance of an air filtration device
- It guarantees the presence of a cleaner air
- It helps a family live a healthy life
- It helps in trapping dust and other harmful substances from polluting the air you breathe.
- It helps to clean the air in your heating and cooling system..
- It is cost effective.